Seth Chwast Bibliography
- v“Seth Chwast and his mother, Debra, on art and autism: 10 Minutes With...” Michael Heaton, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Sunday, May 20, 2012.
v “Mother, son push through barriers of autism to discover artist within,” Salie McSherry, Currents Magazine Volume 28, Issue 9, page A9.
- v“Father-daughter team of Franklin and Diana Cohen brings ChamberFest to Cleveland” Published: Saturday, April 28, 2012,By Donald Rosenberg, The Plain Dealer.
v“Seth Chwast (USA)- “Mythic Creatures Mural” (Jumbo first day cover)-“ UNPA Philatelic Bulletin, April 2nd 2012. (Article following Seth winning a worldwide competition to have his art featured on a postal stamp. Full-page image of Mythic Creature panel #7) p. 4, 5, 7.
vThe Art of Autism, Shifting Perceptions by Debra Hosseini, ed. By Keri Bowers. Cover art, back cover art, and three paintings and bio inside book. P. 36 and 37 Bolton Associates, San Rafael, CA.
- v“A Different Kind of Art,” Amigoe (Dutch Newspaper Publication) Willemstad, Curaçao; November 26, 2011. Front Page.
- v“Autistiche Seth Chwast Expossert in Bloemhof,” Amigoe (Dutch Newpaper Publication) Willemstad, Curaçao; November 23, 2011, Page 4.
- vAn Unexpected Life: A Mother and Son’s story or Love, Determination, Autism, and Art, by Debra Chwast, Seth Chwast provided Cover art, 134 paintings, and artist statements for his paintings. Sterling Press, October 2011.
- vArtism, The ART of Autism: Shattering Myths about People Living on the Spectrum, By Debra Hosseini, ed. Rosa Martinez PhD, 3 paintings and biography-Pages 64 and 65; The Bookmasters Group, 2011.
- v“Art Students Gain Inspiration, New Viewpoint from Autistic Artist.” Mehville Messenger, (page 3) St Louis MO, December 2010.
- vMental Health Promotion, Prevention, and Intervention With Children and Youth: A Guiding Framework for Occupational Therapy, book cover art, edited by Susan Bazyk, AOTA Press/American Occupational Therapy Association.
- vIslands of Genius: The Bountiful Mind of the Autistic, Acquired, and Sudden Savant, three paintings; by Darold A. Treffert, Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- vThe Ethics of Autism: Among Them but Not of Them, book cover art and chapter illustrations, by Debra Burnbaum, Indiana University Press, November 2008; reviewed in New England Journal of Medicine, June 4, 2009.
- vHeights Arts Radio podcast, ep. 49, http://heightsartsradio.blogspot.com/, May 17, 2009.
- v“Seth Chwast at National Gallery,” Spotlight TV show, Cayman Islands Government, Dec. 1, 2008.
- v“If art could speak,” by Emérentienne Paschalides, The Cayman Islands Journal, Dec. 2008.
- v“The voice of an artist,” The Cayman Islands Journal, Dec. 2008.
- vArt section, What’s Hot: Cayman’s Local Guide, Nov. 2008.
- v“Icons of Cayman at the National Gallery,” Cayman Net News, caymannetnews.com, Oct. 31, 2008.
- v“Icons of Cayman visited in NG show,” The Caymanian Compass, Oct. 17, 2008.
- vThe Viewer, newsletter of the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands, Oct-Dec, 2008.
- v“Autistic artists communicates on canvas,” Arlene Fine, Cleveland Jewish News, Sep. 26, 2008.
- v“Art Omi International Artists’ Residency: A Space to Create and to Share,” Nicollette Ramirez, Whitehot Magazine of Contemporary Art, September 2008; whitehotmagazine.com.
- v"Capturing Nessie, His Special Way," feature story, Mark Newton, Daily Press, Newport News, VA, May 24, 2008.
- v"Roller Coaster Ride Celebrated in Specially Created Painting," feature story, Vanessa Coria, reporter, ABC Affiliate WVEC TV, VA, May 23,
- v"Designersa Backseat to Artists in Spring Fashion 2008," Kim Crow, style editor, Plain Dealer, Cleveland, OH, Apr. 22, 2008.
- v"Communicating with Color," follow-up feature, NBC Today Show, American Story with Bob Dotson, New York, NY, Jan. 1, 2008.
- v"The World through Different Eyes," feature story, Richard Pietrick, co-editor, The Collegian, Lorain County Community College, Lorain, OH Oct. 23, 2007.
- v"Artist with Autism Communicates through Paintings," feature story, Monica Robins, health anchor, NBC Affiliate WKYC, Cleveland, OH, Sep. 26, 2007.
- v"Communicating with Colors! Seth's Story," feature story, Ali Ghanbari, staff photojournalist, FOX Affiliate WJW/FOX 8, Cleveland, OH, June 29, 2007.
- v"Art Exhibits — Seth Chwast," Brooke Willis, managing editor, Northern Ohio Live magazine, Apr, 2007.
- v"A Colorful Voice," feature story, Kristin Anderson, morning news anchor, NBC Affiliate WKYC, Cleveland, OH, Mar.1, 2007.
- vCover image, Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland's Living Generously, Spring 2007, Issue 7, Cleveland, OH, 2007.
- v"Autistic Artist Speaks in Language of Color," Karen Sandstrom, reporter, Plain Dealer, Cleveland, OH, Jan. 28, 2007.
- v"Reaching Seth," video by Dale Omori, photographer, Plain Dealer, Cleveland, OH, Jan. 28, 2007.
- v"Communicating with Color," NBC Today Show, American Story with Bob Dotson, New York, NY, Jan. 3,
- vPBS, Applause, Elaine Faulk, host, WVIZ-IdeaStream, Cleveland, OH, Nov.10, 2006.
- vPBS, Applause, Dee Perry, host, WVIZ-IdeaStream, Cleveland, OH, Feb. 2, 2006.
- v"Starving Artist No More?" Janet Dery, columnist, Cleveland Jewish News, Cleveland, OH, Jan. 27, 2006.
- vFantasy Intestines, commissioned for cover of Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disorders: Biopsychosocial Assessments and Treatments, Carin L. Cunningham & Gerard A. Banez, Springer Science and Business Media, 2006.
- v"The Town's a Jumpin," Violet Spevack, columnist, Cleveland Jewish News, Cleveland, OH, Jul. 29, 2005.
- v"Faces of Autism, Giving Kids a Life," Marilyn Karfeld, columnist, Cleveland Jewish News, Cleveland, OH, Feb. 18, 2005.
- vBellefaire JCB 2005 Annual Report, cover and illustrations, Bellefaire JCB, Shaker Heights, OH, 2005.
- v"Artist as Unique as his Painting," Jayne Eiben, WKSU news commentator, National Public Radio WKSU Affiliate, Kent, OH, Nov. 26,
- v"An Outsider Comes In," Jayne Eiben, reporter, Plain Dealer, Cleveland, OH, Nov.7, 2004.
- vThe Hungarian Horse & Peacock, oil painting 70" x 84", featured in Academy Graphic Communication desk calendar, 2004.